Truck accidents can cause catastrophic injuries to victims that can span a lifetime. Truck accidents can injure victims, causing them physical injuries, medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. Legal protections can help victims through the challenges the aftermath of a truck accidents can bring.
Top factors that lead to car accidents
Common cause o truck accidents include:
- Brake problems with the truck;
- Traffic flow interruptions the truck does not adjust to, including congestion or a previous car accident;
- Traveling too fast for roadway conditions and roadway problems;
- Lack of familiarity with the roadway;
- The truck was required to stop before the crash, such as because of a traffic control device or crosswalk, and failed to do so;
- Prescription drug use or over-the-counter drug use; and
- Truck driver fatigue
Unfortunately, truck accidents occur every day and can be caused by a range of factors. Truck accidents can cause catastrophic injuries and death. Liability for them depends on the situation and circumstances and may include the truck driver or trucking company. The relationship between the truck driver and truck company can impact the liability for the victim’s damages.
When a negligent truck driver or negligent trucking company has caused a car accident, they may be liable for the damages suffered by the victim. A personal injury claim for damages can help injured victims with each of the physical, financial and emotional damages they have suffered. Truck accident victims should be familiar with the legal resources that can help protect them.