Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer
Experienced Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are among the most common cause of injury and death each year in the U.S. Despite technological advancements and safety improvements in the design of cars and roads, motor vehicle accidents remain quite common. If a car accident occurs due to the fault or negligence of another, the victim may be entitled to pursue a claim against the responsible party to seek compensation for his or her injuries. While car accident lawsuits are among the most filed of all personal injury lawsuits, it is important to note that not every motor vehicle claim will result in litigation. However, if a lawsuit is pursued then you need an experienced and trusted Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer to fight for your rights.
Causes of Car Accidents
There are many factors that can cause car accidents, ranging from manufacturers’ defects to poor weather conditions, driver negligence or a faulty road design. For this reason, it is important to seek legal counsel from a car accident attorney who can review the situation and help you to determine who should be held responsible for your condition.
Some of the most common types of car accidents are caused by:
- Driver negligence
- Driver error
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while distracted
- Failure to properly service or maintain the vehicle
- Road defects
- Negligent design of the roadway
- Product liability, including manufacturing defects
The personal injury attorneys at Jacobs Law, LLC provide experienced representation for car accident victims who have been harmed in a car accident, including: leg and knee injuries, orthopedic injuries, and spinal cord or traumatic brain injuries. Additionally, Jacobs Law, LLC can help surviving family members to pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party if it is found that his or her negligence resulted in the death of another.
What You Should Know
If you or a loved one was hurt in a car crash, there are three important things to keep in mind when you are considering filing a lawsuit to recover damages for your injuries:
- Claims adjusters and insurance agents work for the insurance company. These individuals are employed for the sole purpose of attempting to reduce the payout that the insurance company will provide for you. These employees are often not looking out for your interests, nor do they want you to receive the maximum compensation that you deserve. It is often recommended to avoid talking to these parties and instead allow your legal counsel to speak on your behalf.
- Your injury may be more serious than you think. What may seem like a bruise or other minor injury immediately following a car accident can become a major financial burden if additional complications develop down the road, such as knee injuries that occur in a rear-end collision. With severe injuries such as traumatic brain damage, the full impact of the injury will significantly impact your daily life. You may not know how the condition will affect you for the weeks, months, and even years ahead.
- Settling a claim too soon can cost you. If you agree to a settlement with the other party or the insurance company without adequate planning for future medical treatment, before you know the full extent of your injuries, you may lose the opportunity to seek compensation for that treatment. For this reason, it is always in your best interest to consult with a car accident lawyer; when you accept an offer, your claim is finalized and closed.
Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident in Indiana?
If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident and you want to know more about your options, contact Jacobs Law, LLC today by calling us toll-free at (877) 418-5589. Our car accident lawyers strive to protect your interests as well as your financial future. We will investigate the cause of your car accident to prove fault and identify all the possible damages to which you may be entitled. Our goal is to obtain the maximum compensation that you deserve for your injuries or losses.
Chicago Worker Safety Rules and Regulations to Know
As an employee, you have the right to a safe work environment free from hazards that can cause injury or illness. While not all dangers are clear, your employer has an obligation to correct known hazards and any that have a potential to injure someone. If you are injured on the job, you have the […]READ MORE