Jacobs Law LLC Provides Help After Car Accidents
Car accidents are among the most common cause of injury and death each year in the United States. Despite technological advancements and safety improvements in the design of cars and roads, motor vehicle accidents remain quite common. If a car accident occurs due to the fault or negligence of another, the victim may be entitled to pursue a claim against the responsible party to seek compensation for his or her injuries. While car accident lawsuits are among the most filed of all personal injury lawsuits, it is important to note that not every motor vehicle claim will result in litigation. However, if a lawsuit is pursued then you need an experienced and trusted Indianapolis car accident lawyer to fight for your rights.
Indianapolis Car Accident Statistics
Indiana car accidents are not uncommon and often happen suddenly and without warning. Following are a list of important statistics to be aware of so that you and your loved ones can take proper safety precautions while driving in Indiana.
- In 2015, there were over 180,000 car accidents that occurred on Indiana roadways.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 916 traffic accident fatalities as a result of car accidents in 2017.
- Unrestrained passenger vehicle occupant fatalities reached 250 deaths in 2015.
- Motorcyclist fatalities reached 149 deaths in 2017.
- Motor vehicle accidents was the leading cause of death in 2017 for the ages 10,11, and 17.
What Is The Car Accident Lawsuit Process?
If you or a loved one was hurt in a car crash, there are three important things to keep in mind when you are considering filing a lawsuit to recover damages for your injuries. When you file an accident claim, you should know that the car accident lawsuit process may include the following elements:.
- Claims adjusters and insurance agents work for the insurance company. These individuals are employed for the sole purpose of attempting to reduce the payout that the insurance company will provide for you. These employees are often not looking out for your interests, nor do they want you to receive the maximum compensation that you deserve. It is often recommended to avoid talking to these parties and instead allow your legal counsel to speak on your behalf.
- Your injury may be more serious than you think. What may seem like a bruise or other minor injury immediately following a car accident can become a major financial burden if additional complications develop down the road, such as knee injuries that occur in a rear-end collision. With severe injuries such as traumatic brain damage, the full impact of the injury will significantly impact your daily life. You may not know how the condition will affect you for the weeks, months, and even years ahead.
- Settling a claim too soon can cost you. If you agree to a settlement with the other party or the insurance company without adequate planning for future medical treatment, before you know the full extent of your injuries, you may lose the opportunity to seek compensation for that treatment. For this reason, it is always in your best interest to consult with an Indianapolis car accident lawyer; when you accept an offer, your claim is finalized and closed.
Do You Need A Police Report For A Car Accident?
Most individuals are aware of the steps to take after a car accident, but many are unsure about whether it is necessary to file a police report after being involved in an Indiana car crash. It is important to contact the police if your accident is defined by any of the following:
You should contact the police after a car accident in the following situations:
When you’re in an accident with another vehicle. Don’t let the other driver convince you into settling the accident without notifying the police or insurance companies.
When you’ve hit an object, contact the police immediately. The report that the police file may help defend you against insurance company lawsuits.
When you are involved in a hit-and-run accident, your car was stolen, or when your car was broken into.
If you have been involved in an Indiana car accident and you are seeking guidance for the next steps, contact Jacobs Law, LLC for experienced counsel and aggressive representation.
Types Of Car Accidents In Indiana
When you are involved in a car crash, there may be several factors that play into these traumatic incidents. Jacobs Law LLC, understands that drivers may be distracted, speeding, or under the influence of alcohol while driving and as a result of this negligence, there are many types of car accidents that may occur. Our accident lawyers in Indianapolis handle the following types of accidents:.
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Side impact collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
What Are The Most Common Reasons For Car Accidents?
There are many factors that can cause an Indianapolis car accident, ranging from manufacturers’ defects to poor weather conditions, driver negligence, or a faulty road design. For this reason, it is important to seek legal counsel from a knowledgeable car accident attorney who can review the situation and help you to determine who should be held responsible for your condition. Some of the most common reasons that accidents occur are as follows:.
- Driver error
- Road defects
- Driver negligence
- Negligent design of the roadway
- Product liability, including manufacturing defects
- Failure to properly service or maintain the vehicle
The traffic accident attorneys at Jacobs Law LLC, provide experienced representation for car accident victims who have been harmed in a car accident, including: Leg and knee injuries, orthopedic injuries, and spinal cord or traumatic brain injuries. Additionally, Jacobs Law LLC, can help surviving family members to pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party if it is found that his or her negligence resulted in the death of your loved one.
Have You Been Injured In A Car Accident in Indiana?
Our car accident lawyers strive to protect your interests as well as your financial future. We will investigate the cause of your car accident to prove fault and identify all the possible damages to which you may be entitled. Our goal is to obtain the maximum compensation that you deserve for your injuries or losses. You can trust us to provide you with the strong representation you need.