Important Steps To Take After A Car Accident
A car accident is a jarring event that can leave you wondering what to do and where to turn. At Jacobs Law LLC, in Indianapolis, we are committed to sharing information that makes Indiana roads safer and protects the rights of the injured. On this page, we will share important information about what to and what not to do after a car accident.
Safety First, Then Legal Help
The most important thing to do after an accident is to make sure you, any fellow passengers and other people in the vicinity are safe from harm. If you are injured, obtain medical treatment as soon as possible. With your health and safety secure, other important things to do after a car accident include:
- Call 911: Even if the motor vehicle accident doesn’t seem major, you should call the police so they can secure the accident scene and file a report.
- Exchange information with other drivers involved in the accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles, skid marks and other evidence that may prove valuable in a personal injury case.
- If eyewitnesses were present, try to obtain their names and contact information.
- Document your injuries: From taking pictures of your injuries to getting treatment and medical documentation, this information will prove very important in any eventual personal injury litigation.
If you are injured after an accident, seek medical treatment immediately. If you have concerns about medical bills and payments, an experienced attorney can help you navigate insurance and payment issues.
Taking Measured Actions
What you do after an accident can have a huge impact on the personal injury process. Mishandling key parts of the process can not only lead to missed compensation but can also affect your quality of life after the accident.
Our attorneys can start to advocate for you immediately. Whether it is handling medical payments, talking to insurance adjusters, or dealing with the police, Jacobs Law LLC can help guide you through every step with an understanding of the whole process.
Get In Touch With A Lawyer Who Can Help
When you are ready to discuss your car accident claim with an experienced personal injury lawyer, we will be here for you. To arrange a free legal consultation, contact our law offices online or by telephone at 317-520-9283.